Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Picking On Christians

The entertainment industry is in love with picking on Christians, and so far they are getting away with it. I'm too tired to start a new blog, but I want to begin to track how many programs on the alphabet suit pick on Christians. Right off the top of my head there was Rosie O'Donnell on The View stating that radical Christians were just as dangerous as radical Islamists. Then there's Studio 60, the new NBC show with an all star cast that seems as though it were created to be a passive aggressive outlet for expressing hatred of Christians. I watched the first three episodes just to see if it would get any better since I liked the cast, but sadly, Christians were picked on in every single episode I watched. One episode ran a skit entitled Crazy Christians. Boston Legal did it quite a bit last season, but I didn't document any of it. This season, the one show I watched portrayed a geeky, psychotic Christian who looked like he was stuck in a time warp. While not picking on Christians per say, Desperate Housewives was only too happy to portray Bree as prude with her explanation for it being "I'm a Republican!" I know this is territory I've covered in a previous post, but I want to document this trend more closely.

On a happy note, I've been able to watch two episodes of What About Brian without feeling picked on. Same with Grey's Anatomy. And Dancing With the Stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home